Attend the Inaugural Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC on October 22-23, 2018, presented by Conn Maciel Carey LLP and sponsored by the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) and the American Petroleum Institute (API).
What is the Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC?
The Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC will be an annual event featuring a full-day program in Washington, DC gathering interested stakeholders from the chemical, petrochemical, and petroleum refining industries, and other industries with operations impacted by OSHA’s PSM Standard and EPA’s RMP Rule.
The focus of the Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC will be on the process safety regulatory landscape. The full-day Program will cover the PSM/RMP rulemakings, enforcement programs, significant cases, trends through the transition to the new Administration, best practices, and other key process safety regulatory issues impacting Industry.
This Process Safety Summit fills an important gap in Washington, DC. Although there are opportunities for trade groups and employers to interact with key government regulators, none of those opportunities focus on process safety, and the process safety-oriented events that do exist are far from Washington, DC, making it hard to attract more than one senior agency official.
The format and agenda will include speakers and panels of senior government officials and industry experts, as well as moderated breakout roundtable sessions. There will be a welcome reception the evening of October 22nd, and a full-day program on October 23rd.
What is the Program Agenda?
- OSHA Panel (ChemRef PSM National Emphasis Program, Key PSM Cases, and PSM rulemaking)
- Director, OSHA’s Office of Chemical Process Safety & Enforcement Initiatives
- Sr. Attorney, Office of the Solicitor of Labor – Head of PSM Programs
- Sr. Official in OSHA’s Directorate of Enforcement Programs
- EPA Presentation (RMP Rulemaking and Enforcement Developments)
- Deputy Assistant Administrator for EPA’s Office of Land & Emergency Management
- CSB Panel (Major Process Safety Investigations and Recommendations)
- Acting Chairwoman
- Acting General Counsel
- Director of Recommendations
- Other Process Safety Related Agencies Panel
- Trade Association Panel (What Trade Associations Are Doing to Advance Process Safety)
- VIP Lunch Speaker
- Breakout Roundtable Sessions:
- RAGAGEP Issues
- PSM Coverage
- Pressure Relief Valves
- PSM Compliance Audits
- VPP Issues
- Others TBD
Who should attend?
- PSM/Safety Managers
- In-house and Outside Safety and Health Attorneys
- Regulatory Affairs Specialists
- Operations Managers
- Process Safety Consultants and Experts
- Members of the sponsoring Trade Associations attend free
What are the Objectives of the Summit?
- Education on process safety regulatory and enforcement developments and trends
- Identifying and sharing innovative approaches to process safety and compliance
- Elevate awareness and importance of process safety to employers and trade groups
- Relationship-building between Industry and its process safety regulators
- Knowledge-sharing and benchmarking among similarly situated employers