Register today for the 2nd Annual Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC on October 15-16, 2019.
What is the Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC?
The Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC is an annual event in our nation’s Capital. The Inaugural Summit last Fall welcomed more than 175 safety and legal professionals from stakeholders in the chemical, petrochemical, paper, and petroleum refining industries and other industries with operations covered by OSHA’s PSM Standard and EPA’s RMP Rule. The Summit focuses on the process safety regulatory landscape and industry best practices, with programming that covers rulemaking, enforcement programs, significant cases, trends as we move through the Trump Administration, best practices, and other key process safety regulatory issues impacting Industry.
The Agenda and format for the 2nd Annual Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC will include one-of-a-kind line-up of speakers and panels of senior government officials and industry experts, as well as moderated round table sessions. The event is broken into two parts:
- A half-day of confidential breakout sessions with Industry stakeholders and a networking cocktail reception on October 15th; followed by
- A full-day of panels and speakers from OSHA, EPA, the OSH Review Commission, Former Heads of OSHA, the CSB, and others on October 16th.
This Summit fills an important gap for employers operating the process safety regulatory environment. Although there are opportunities for employers to interact with key government regulators in DC, none of those opportunities focus exclusively on process safety, and every other true process safety event around the country is too far from Washington, DC to attract any, or more than one senior agency official to participate.
If you were not able to join us last year for the Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC, here is an article outlining the key takeaways from the Inaugural event.
What is the Agenda for the 2019 Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC?
Who should attend?
- PSM/Safety Managers
- In-house and Outside Safety and Health Attorneys
- Regulatory Affairs Specialists
- Operations Managers
- Process Safety Consultants and Experts
- Trade Association Staff
What are the Objectives of the Summit?
- Education on process safety regulatory and enforcement developments and trend
- Identification of innovative approaches to process safety and compliance
- Elevation of awareness about process safety to employers and trade groups
- Relationship-building between Industry and its process safety regulators
- Knowledge-sharing and benchmarking among similarly situated employers
Where is the Process Safety Summit being held?
- The General Session on October 16th will be held at the Hamilton Hotel, in downtown Washington, DC near the White House, at 1001 14th Street, NW Washington, D.C. 20005.
- The half-day of facilitated discussions and the welcome reception on October 15th will be held around the corner at the Washington, DC offices of Sidley Austin LLP, at 1501 K St NW, Washington, DC 20005.