By Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Task Force
As employers around the country grapple with the employment law and workplace safety implications of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (“COVID-19”), Conn Maciel Carey formed a national, multi-disciplinary legal and regulatory task force dedicated to helping our clients across all industries manage the multitude of pandemic-related issues employers are facing and preparing them for the tidal wave of litigation that is waiting around the corner.
As part of our COVID-19 Task Force, the firm’s dedicated Workplace Safety, Labor and Employment, and Litigation attorneys have produced a comprehensive set of resources to guide employers through this uncharted territory and the unique workplace challenges presented by the presence of a new health hazard in our nation’s workplaces.
We have now pulled those resources together in a single location — Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Task Force Page, where employers can find:
- An enormous catalogue of COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- A COVID-19 OSHA Recordkeeping and Reporting Resource Kit
- An outline of an effective COVID-19 Exposure Control and Response Plan
- Numerous detailed COVID-19-related blog articles from the OSHA Defense Report blog and the Employer Defense Report blog
- Links to recordings of numerous COVID-19 Related Webinars
Our COVID-19 Task Force has spent the last few months working with our clients to:
- Develop effective and compliant COVID-19 Exposure Control and Response Plans;
- Evaluate and implement Pre-Work Health Screening Protocols;
- Conduct COVID-19-specific PPE Hazard Assessments;
- Prepare new Telework Policies and Agreements and Sick Leave Policies;
- Respond to countless OSHA Notices of Alleged Hazards (employee complaints), Rapid Response Investigation Requests after reported COVID-19 deaths or hospitalizations, and 11(c) Retaliation Complaints;
- Make recordkeeping and reporting work-relatedness determinations;
- Manage COVID-19 enforcement inspections by OSHA and departments of health;
- Provide advice and counsel about the ever-changing OSHA and CDC Guidance and the multitude of Orders and guidance from Governors and State and Local Health Department Orders;
- Prepare their workplaces to reopen; and
- Address the endless stream of novel questions and challenges employers are facing during this unprecedented pandemic.
If your company needs help with any of these issues, contact any of the attorneys from Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Task Force. Chances are very good that whatever challenge you are facing, we have already spent a great deal of time thinking about it and helping other employers solve it.