On Monday, August 3rd at 1 PM ET, join Eric J. Conn (Chair of Conn Maciel Carey’s national OSHA Practice), Susan Wilcox (a CIH and CSP with Safety Resource Associates), and special guest Jennifer Rose (VOSH Cooperative Programs Director with the Virginia Dept. of Labor and Industry) for a complimentary webinar regarding “Everything You Need to Know About Virginia OSHA’s New COVID-19 Standard.”
Last week, Virginia became the first state in the nation to promulgate a mandatory safety regulation designed to reduce COVID-19 infections in the workplace, when Virginia’s Governor Ralph Northam announced the commonwealth’s adoption of an Emergency Temporary Standard (“ETS”). The COVID-19 ETS, which was drafted by Virginia’s Department of Labor and Industry, requires Virginia employers to:
- Assess potential exposures to COVID-19 in the workplace
- Categorize the level of risk of exposure from Low to Very High (each with different mitigation requirements)
- Develop and implement a written infection control plan
- Provide employee training on the virus and control measures in the workplace
- Make certain notifications about infected employees to co-workers, to VOSH, and to the VA Dept. of Health
VOSH’s COVID-19 ETS will go into effect after it is published in a newspaper of general circulation in Richmond, VA, which is expected to occur the week of July 27th. Virginia companies could face penalties ranging from approx. $13,000 up to $130,000 for each violation of the new rule.
Participants in this webinar will learn:
- Background about VOSH’s COVID-19 Standard
- What VOSH’s COVID-19 ETS requires
- What to include in your Infection Control Plan
- Requirements for training, face masks, sanitation, and notifications about infected employees
- Timelines and deadlines in VOSH’s new rule
Click here to register for the August 3rd webinar.
This bonus program will be the 13th webinar event in Conn Maciel Carey’s 2020 OSHA Webinar Series. Click here to view our full schedule, detailed program descriptions, and individual registration pages for all of the remaining webinars in the 2020 OSHA Webinar Series. To register for the entire 2020 OSHA Webinar Series, click here to send an email request, and we will get you automatically registered. If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual OSHA Webinar Series, here is a link to Conn Maciel Carey’s webinar archive.
For additional resources on issues related to COVID-19, please visit Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Resource Page for an extensive index of frequently asked questions with our answers about HR, employment law, and OSHA regulatory developments and guidance, as well as COVID-19 recordkeeping and reporting flow charts. Likewise, subscribe to our Employer Defense Report blog and OSHA Defense Report blog for regular updates about the Labor and Employment Law or OSHA implications of COVID-19 in the workplace. Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Task Force is monitoring federal, state, and local developments closely and is continuously updating these blogs and the FAQ page with the latest news and resources for employers.