On Tuesday, September 8th at 1 PM ET, join Eric J. Conn (Chair of Conn Maciel Carey’s national OSHA Practice) and Nick Eurek (President and Co-Founder of Maptician) for a complimentary webinar regarding “Technology Solutions for Complying with COVID-19 Requirements.”
In July, Virginia became the first state in the nation to promulgate a mandatory rule with a set of requirements designed to protect workers from COVID-19 infections in the workplace. For example, Virginia employers must:
- Assess and categorize potential exposures to COVID-19 in the workplace
- Implement a written infection control and response plan
- Promptly notify potentially exposed co-workers, VOSH/OSHA, and/or the Department of Health about infected workers
But Virginia’s rule really just memorializes the widespread, already enforceable guidance from federal OSHA, the CDC, state and local departments of health, and governors’ offices all across the country, so the policies and controls that must be implemented in Virginia are by and large needed everywhere.
The core element of employers’ necessary infection control strategies are the engineering, administrative, and safe work practice controls to:
- enhance physical distancing (e.g., reconfigure work stations, track where/when employees move throughout the workplace, and implement thoughtful scheduling strategies like cohorting, staggering start/end/break times, etc.);
- schedule and track frequent cleaning/disinfecting common areas and shared equipment;
- require face coverings where social distancing cannot be maintained; and
- conduct pre-work health screenings and prompt contact tracing to facilitate notifications to potentially exposed employees
As is America’s way, innovators are developing technology solutions to aid in implementing these infection control strategies. A special guest from the technology solutions provider Maptician will review some software tools they have developed to assist employers in meeting these new regulatory requirements.
Participants in this webinar will learn:
- Background about VOSH’s COVID-19 Standard and related OSHA and CDC guidance
- What to include in an effective Infection Control Plan
- Technology solutions to aid in the key infection control strategies
Click here to register for the September 8th webinar.
This bonus program will be the 15th webinar event in Conn Maciel Carey’s 2020 OSHA Webinar Series. Click here to view our full schedule, detailed program descriptions, and individual registration pages for all of the remaining webinars in the 2020 OSHA Webinar Series. To register for the entire 2020 OSHA Webinar Series, click here to send an email request, and we will get you automatically registered. If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual OSHA Webinar Series, here is a link to Conn Maciel Carey’s webinar archive.
For additional resources on issues related to COVID-19, please visit Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Resource Page for an extensive index of frequently asked questions with our answers about HR, employment law, and OSHA regulatory developments and guidance, as well as COVID-19 recordkeeping and reporting flow charts. Likewise, subscribe to our Employer Defense Report blog and OSHA Defense Report blog for regular updates about the Labor and Employment Law or OSHA implications of COVID-19 in the workplace. Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Task Force is monitoring federal, state, and local developments closely and is continuously updating these blogs and the FAQ page with the latest news and resources for employers.