On October 20 – 22, 2020, join Conn Maciel Carey’s OSHA Chair, Eric J. Conn, for Safeopedia’s Safety Connect Global Virtual Environmental, Health & Safety Conference & EXPO where he will present the OSHA Implications of COVID-19 in the Workplace.
OSHA has been thrust into the spotlight and is leading the charge to assess measures employers are taking to protect their workforces from a global pandemic. With each passing week, the agency is expanding its efforts and ratcheting up enforcement; unprepared employers not only risk receiving fines and citations for failing to adopt adequate protective measures relative to COVID-19, but may face scrutiny with respect to a host of other aspects of their workplace safety and health programs. Now, more than ever before, everyone needs to keep OSHA on its radar.
In this session, Eric Conn will provide insight and advice on the OSHA / workplace safety and health implications of COVID-19, such as:
- What is an Exposure Control and Response Plan and why does every employer need one?
- How will OSHA enforce its expectations relative to COVID-19 as well as other safety & health standards during this pandemic?
- When and how should employers record confirmed COVID-19 cases on their OSHA 300 logs or report them to OSHA?
- What do employers need to know about face coverings, respirators and other forms of protective equipment?
- Has OSHA relaxed enforcement of certain standards, and if so, what does that mean?
For additional resources on issues related to COVID-19, please visit Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Resource Page for an extensive index of frequently asked questions with our answers about HR, employment law, and OSHA regulatory related developments and guidance, as well as COVID-19 recordkeeping and reporting flow charts.
Likewise, subscribe to our Employer Defense Report blog and OSHA Defense Report blog for regular updates about the Labor and Employment Law or OSHA implications of COVID-19 in the workplace. Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Task Force is monitoring federal, state, and local developments closely and is continuously updating these blogs and the FAQ page with the latest news and resources for employers.