Register today for the 3rd Annual (Virtual) Process Safety Summit on December 8-9, 2020.
Like so many other aspects of our lives, our Annual Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC will look a little different in the year of COVID-19. Rather than gathering together in person in our Nation’s Capital for two full days in October, the 3rd Annual Process Safety Summit will be a virtual event, and it will take place in shorter segments on December 8-9, 2020.
But what will not change is the Summit’s one-of-a-kind opportunity to convene safety and legal professionals from chemical manufacturing, petroleum refining, paper, and other process industries with the senior government officials responsible for regulating process safety. Check out our working agenda and register today.
What is the Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC?
The Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC is an annual event, typically based in our nation’s Capital. The 2nd Annual Summit last Fall welcomed more than 175 safety, process safety, and legal professionals from stakeholders in the chemical, petrochemical, paper, and petroleum refining industries, and other industries with operations covered by OSHA’s PSM Standard and EPA’s RMP Rule. The Summit focuses on the process safety regulatory landscape and industry best practices, with programming that covers rulemaking, enforcement programs, significant cases, trends as we move through the Trump Administration and into a Biden Administration, best practices, and other key process safety regulatory issues impacting Industry.
This Summit fills an important gap for employers operating the process safety regulatory environment.
Although there are opportunities for employers to interact with key government regulators in DC, none of those opportunities focus exclusively on process safety, and every other true process safety event around the country fails to attract any, or more than one, senior agency official to participate.
The Agenda and format for the 3rd Annual (Virtual) Process Safety Summit will include a line-up of speakers and panels of senior government officials and industry experts, as well as moderated virtual round table discussions. The event is broken into two parts:
- December 8th – An abridged, partial day of panels and speakers from CSB, EPA, Federal and State Criminal Prosecutors, and a bonus session with the Director of NIOSH
- December 9th – A morning of confidential breakout sessions with Industry stakeholders
What is the Agenda for the 2020 Process Safety Summit in Washington, DC?
Who should attend?
- PSM/Safety Managers
- In-house and Outside Safety and Health Attorneys
- Regulatory Affairs Specialists
- Operations Managers
- Process Safety Consultants and Experts
- Trade Association Staff
What are the Objectives of the Summit?
- Education on process safety regulatory and enforcement developments and trend
- Identification of innovative approaches to process safety and compliance
- Elevation of awareness about process safety to employers and trade groups
- Relationship-building between Industry and its process safety regulators
- Knowledge-sharing and benchmarking among similarly situated employers