On March 23, 2021, Andrew J. Sommer, Fred Walter and Megan Shaked presented a webinar regarding Annual Cal/OSHA Update: Legislation, Regulations, Guidance, Executive Orders and More! Oh My!”
This year’s annual Cal/OSHA update covered the latest legislative, regulatory and enforcement developments concerning COVID-19, including the Emergency COVID-19 Prevention Rule. We also alerted you to new regulatory changes concerning the Wildfire Smoke rule, various proposed rules being considered by Cal/OSH Standards Board, and general DOSH enforcement trends.
Participants in this webinar learned about:
- The COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard
- Mandates for providing notice of potential COVID-19 exposure and positive cases (Assembly Bill 685 and Senate Bill 1159)
- DOSH guidance on recording and reporting COVID-19 cases
- Changes to the Wildfire Smoke regulation and related guidance
- Other regulatory developments from the Standards Board, such as the status of proposed regulations on indoor heat and workplace violence, and others, and
- Strategies for coping with the rapidly changing regulatory landscape
We are pleased to share these links to a copy of the slides and a recording of the webinar.
This was the 6th regularly scheduled webinar event in Conn Maciel Carey’s 2021 OSHA Webinar Series. Click here to view our full schedule, detailed program descriptions for all of the webinars in the 2021 OSHA Webinar Series. If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual OSHA Webinar Series, click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel and view our webinar archive.
* * * * * * * * * *
For resources on issues related to COVID-19, please visit Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Resource Page for an extensive index of frequently asked questions with our answers about HR, employment law, and OSHA regulatory developments and guidance, as well as COVID-19 recordkeeping and reporting flow charts. Likewise, subscribe to our Employer Defense Report blog and OSHA Defense Report blog for regular updates about the Labor and Employment Law or OSHA implications of COVID-19 in the workplace. Conn Maciel Carey’s COVID-19 Task Force is monitoring federal, state, and local developments closely and is continuously updating these blogs and the FAQ page with the latest news and resources for employers.