On Thursday, February 10, 2022, Eric J. Conn, Kate McMahon, Aaron Gelb and Amanda Strainis-Walker presented a webinar regarding OSHA’s COVID-19 Emergency and Permanent Standards and Enforcement.
As US employers grapple with the latest surge of COVID-19 cases from the Omicron variant, they are also left to grapple with uncertainty following the Supreme Court’s decision to reinstitute a Stay of OSHA’s Vaccinate-or-Test ETS. Will we see another COVID-19 emergency rule that tries to navigate the guardrails set by the Supreme Court? Will OSHA return to aggressive enforcement under the OSH Act’s General Duty Clause? What is expected from employers on the COVID-19 front to avoid OSHA enforcement?
During this webinar, attorneys from CMC’s COVID-19 Task Force provided a detailed analysis of OSHA’s regulatory and enforcement landscape post-Supreme Court. Specifically, we addressed these important questions raised by the latest developments on the COVID-19 front:
- What does the Supreme Court’s decision mean for OSHA’s COVID-19 emergency rules and enforcement?
- What COVID-19 Prevention controls do employers need to implement to avoid OSHA citations?
- Can OSHA still require any form of vaccination or testing requirements for the workplace?
- What are the State OSH Plans going to do for COVID-19 regulation and enforcement?
- What is on the horizon as far as a permanent infectious disease rule?
- Where does the Healthcare COVID-19 ETS stand?
We are pleased to share these links to a copy of the slides and a recording of the webinar. Also, check out this Inside OSHA article about the program for some notable highlights.
If you would like to be registered for the entire 2022 series, click here to send us an email request and we will get you registered.
This was the 3rd webinar event in Conn Maciel Carey LLP’s 2022 OSHA Webinar Series. Click here to view our full schedule and detailed program descriptions for all of the webinars scheduled for the 2022 OSHA Webinar Series.
If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual OSHA Webinar Series, view our OSHA Webinar Library to access of our webinar recordings. Also, click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel and get an email notification when new recordings become available.