On Tuesday, March 15, 2022, Andrew Sommer, Fred Walter, and Megan Shaked presented a webinar regarding a Cal/OSHA Enforcement and Regulatory Update.
This has been a challenging year for California employers navigating the COVID-19 pandemic with a set of ever-changing regulatory requirements, as well as a flurry of other new workplace safety laws the legislature passed towards the end of 2021. This update covered the latest legislative and rulemaking developments concerning COVID-19, including the second re-adopted COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS). We will also cover other laws creating new workplace safety requirements and expanding the Division of Occupational Safety and Health’s (DOSH) enforcement authority.
During this webinar, participants learned about:
- The second re-adopted Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard and the status of COVID-19 rulemaking
- DOSH guidance on COVID-19 workplace safety rules
- Senate Bill 606, which broadly expands Cal/OSHA’s enforcement authority and the penalty amounts employers may be assessed
- Assembly Bill 701 – the “warehouse quota” law – providing a private right of action where an employer fails to disclose work quotas, or the quotas prevent compliance with meal and rest periods or other occupational health and safety laws
- Other regulatory developments from the Standards Board, such as the status of the propose indoor heat illness rule
- Insight into DOSH enforcement trends and strategies for coping with the rapidly changing regulatory landscape
We are pleased to share these links to a copy of the slides and a recording of the webinar.
If you would like to be registered for the entire 2022 series, click here to send us an email request and we will get you registered.
This was the 4th webinar event in Conn Maciel Carey LLP’s 2022 OSHA Webinar Series. Click here to view our full schedule and detailed program descriptions for all of the webinars scheduled for the 2022 OSHA Webinar Series.
If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual OSHA Webinar Series, view our OSHA Webinar Library to access of our webinar recordings. Also, click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel and get an email notification when new recordings become available.