On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 10 a.m. PST / 1 p.m. EST, join the attorneys in CMC’s Cal/OSHA Practice Group for a webinar regarding an Annual Cal/OSHA Enforcement & Regulatory Update.
Cal/OSHA and the California legislature have continued to focus their efforts on extending workplace mandates associated with COVID-19, heat illness and wildfire smoke. This update will cover the transition from Cal/OSHA’s COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard to the Non-Emergency COVID-19 Rule as well as other workplace safety mandates that have been recently adopted or are under consideration.
Participants in this webinar will learn:
- Insight into DOSH enforcement trends and strategies for managing the regulatory landscape
- Cal/OSHA’s COVID-19 Non-Emergency Standard and the status of rulemaking over a general infectious disease standard
- Extended COVID-19 exposure notice and outbreak reporting requirements – Assembly Bill (AB) 2693
- Extended sunset date for law creating a disputable presumption, under specified circumstances, that a COVID-19 related illness is compensable for workers’ compensation purposes – AB 1751
- Mandate for Cal/OSHA to develop rulemaking proposal for revising the heat illness and wildfire smoke standards– AB 2243
- Law establishing “Fast Food Council” to promulgate minimum employment standards for fast food restaurants, including standards on wages and working conditions – AB 257
- Workplace posting requirements to include specific languages other than English – AB 2068
- Other regulatory developments from the Cal/OSHA Standards Board, such as the status of the proposed indoor heat illness rule and the workplace violence prevention rule for general industry.
Click here to register for the February 23rd webinar.
If you would like to be registered for the entire 2023 series, click here to send us an email request and we will get you registered.
This is the 2nd webinar event in Conn Maciel Carey LLP’s 2023 OSHA Webinar Series. Click here to view our full schedule and detailed program descriptions for all of the webinars scheduled for the 2023 OSHA Webinar Series.
If you missed any of our past webinars in our annual OSHA Webinar Series, view our OSHA Webinar Library to access of our webinar recordings. Also, click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel and get an email notification when new recordings become available.