The OSHA Defense Report is a blog by Conn Maciel Carey LLP’s national OSHA Practice Group. The blog is designed to bring you recent developments in workplace safety and health law, but not just to tell you that something has happened, but to talk about why you should care, and how it will affect you and your Company.
We started the OSHA Defense Report because we frequented several useful blogs dedicated to practical day-to-day workplace safety & health issues, but none that dive deep into workplace safety & health legal and regulatory issues. This blog is intended to fill that void. The OSHA Defense Report will be the place to go to learn about the significance of new OSHA law developments, such as OSHA enforcement trends and initiatives, new interpretations and Review Commission decisions, and relevant OSHA policy and Rulemaking issues.
The authors of the blog are the attorneys from Conn Maciel Carey’s national OSHA Practice Group, including:
- Eric J. Conn (Chair of the OSHA Practice) – for more than a decade, Eric practiced alongside the former first General Counsel of the OSH Review Commission
- Kate M. McMahon (OSHA & Environmental Partner) – a former safety and health policy advisor on Capitol Hill
- Amanda Strainis-Walker (OSHA Partner) – former Presidential Appointee at OSHA as Special Assistant to the Head of OSHA
- Andrew J. Sommer (Cal/OSHA & Employment Law Partner) – head of Conn Maciel Carey’s San Francisco Office and Cal/OSHA Practice
- Aaron R. Gelb (Chicago OSHA Partner) – represents Midwest employers in OSHA and EEO matters out of our Chicago office
- Micah Smith (OSHA / PSM Partner) – experienced OSHA-specialist with a focus in process safety
- Beeta B. Lashkari (OSHA Associate) – former Attorney-Investigator at the Chemical Safety & Hazard (CSB) Investigation Board
- Lindsay DiSalvo (OSHA Associate)
- Megan Shaked (Cal/OSHA Associate)
- Dan C. Deacon (OSHA Associate)
Our OSHA • Workplace Safety Practice Group focuses exclusively on Workplace Safety legal issues with attorneys who have extensive, hands-on experience in all aspects of OSHA law, at both the federal and state levels, and who can provide the full range of occupational safety and health law services to a diverse range of clients. Our experienced team understands the legal issues and knows the agencies and people involved in the full range of safety matters that our clients face. Our breadth of experience spans both private practice and government positions, offering us unique insight into how best to advise our clients. Our OSHA practice group stands out for its deep bench of attorneys with a singular focus on workplace safety law and who have personal connections with the key players within OSHA.
Our OSHA practice group stands out for its deep bench of attorneys with a singular focus on workplace safety law and who have personal connections with the key players within OSHA. Despite the firm’s overall “boutique” size, as an OSHA practice, we have the deepest bench of true OSHA-specialist attorneys and professionals in the entire country, with unique relationships with the key regulators. As a result, the firm’s national OSHA practice group has unique insight not only into OSHA law, but also into the Agency itself.